How Cloud Computing can help your business
Cloud computing is everywhere and has definitely become part of our daily lives. Whether you are watching films, listening to music, editing documents or checking your email, you are already using it. Cloud computing is about storing data on the internet rather than hard drives, meaning you can store unlimited amounts of data over the internet which was impossible before.
How can your business benefit?
There are many reasons why many businesses across the world are using Cloud computing. Here a just a few:
– It is flexible – You no longer need to be on the computer that you use to create the original document. With cloud computing you can access your documents on all your smart devices, anytime, anywhere, as long as you have an internet connection.
– It is up to date – Your business does not have to worry about running updates on old software. With cloud computing, all updates are done automatically which saves precious time that could be spent on other aspects of the company. There are also less maintenance issues associated with cloud computing.
– It is secure – Despite some people having reservations over the security of cloud computing, it is just as secure, if not more so, than storing your data on a hard drive. You can easily change passwords which will only be shared with authorised personnel. There are also ways for the information to be encrypted for additional security. You can also remove any sensitive data if you happened to have any laptops or devices go missing.
– It is backed up – If, for whatever reason, your business faces the horror of having your information wiped, there are cloud-based recovery options which allow you to access this information again which can only happen because the information is stored on the internet. However, be warned, as not all Cloud service providers automatically backup data held on their platform, so make sure you look at this carefully if this is important to you or your business.
– It is environmentally friendly – Cloud computing reduces the amount of paper that is consumed along with the cost of energy used for powering and cooling internal servers.
– It is cost effective – Cloud computing can save your company a lot of money by not having to purchase expensive hard drive storage solutions. It also reduces the need to have a large internal IT department, if any.
– It is user friendly, powerful and quick – Cloud computing has meant that it has never been easier or faster to access photos, videos and documents before.
– It is good for collaboration – As the information is on the internet, it is easy to collaborate with different people on the same documents, even from the other side of the world. This opens up opportunities for businesses worldwide.
– It means more storage – You don’t have to worry about storage space like you had to in the past with hard drive storage as the internet is unlimited.
Here at ECL we offer a Private Cloud in our own state of art Hosting Platform which is provided for the exclusive use of ECL clients. For more information, please call us on 01268 575300 or email us on email@example.com
ECL recognises that every client is different, and every client has a different IT support requirement. Whatever the size of your business, we can offer a support scenario to suit your needs.
Whether your business already uses Cloud services or you’re considering the Cloud as a possible way forward, talk to us first. We can provide anything from fully hosted IT infrastructures on our own ECL Private Cloud, to simple on-line backups. We can also give expert advice on Office 365 and other Cloud platforms.
How would losing access to your IT systems and data for days, or even weeks, affect your business? For many if not most companies this would be a nightmare scenario, with potentially very serious consequences.